MCD BROADCAST AUCTIONS: TERMS and CONDITIONS
(1) INSTRUCTIONS. All lots submitted to MCD for sale will be accepted by MCD subject to their Vendors Terms and Conditions. By entering a list for Auction the Vendors will be deemed to acknowledge and agree to these conditions. MCD reserve the right to enter or reject any equipment lists received by the closing date.
(2) TERMS AND CONDITIONS The commission is at the rate of 15% of the Hammer Price for lots sold at £1 - £100, 12.5% for £101 - £250, 10% for £251 and over.
MCD reserve the right to charge the full commission rate and buyers commission for any sales at Auction that are subsequently cancelled due to the misdescription of lots. Unless Vendors give other instructions, unsold lots will be re-offered at the discretion of MCD. Prior to the production of the catalogue fees for withdrawing lots, whether substituted or not, are 5% of the reserve (or MCD’s estimated value) and, if the catalogue has been produced, at the full commission rate, or £25, whichever is the greater, plus the 13% buyers commission.
(3) RESERVES All goods are offered WITHOUT RESERVE unless written instructions are received by MCD prior to the sale. In the event of a lot not being sold at Auction, MCD will, if possible, re-sell by private treaty at a minimum price of the agreed reserve. No reserves of less than £50 are accepted. Instructions given by telephone are at the Vendors risk and should be confirmed in writing. Special instructions from the Vendor should be confirmed in writing. We recommend that Vendors discuss and confirm reserves well in advance of the Auction.
(4) INSURANCE The Vendor must cover under his own policy, equipment sent for sale, he should also notify his insurers accordingly. MCD shall not be responsible for accidental breakage, loss, theft or damage howsoever caused. After the fall of the hammer the equipment is the responsibility of the Buyer or of the Vendor if they remain unsold.
(5) DELIVERY. MCD will contact you before the Auction to arrange delivery of your equipment prior to the sale or after the Auction closes. No liability will be accepted for loss or damage to equipment delivered to MCD's premises.
(6) VAT If the Vendor is registered for VAT he shall declare this fact. It is a condition of sale that all items sold by registered persons shall be deemed to be exclusive of VAT and that it will be the sole responsibility of that person to account to HMRC for VAT. Equipment sent for sale by private Vendors are subject to VAT. VAT is payable on our charges.
(7)DEFAULT MCD disclaim responsibility for default by the Buyer and do not pay out to the Vendor until payment is received from the Buyer.
(8) LASTLY Vendors are requested to contact MCD if they require further information, bearing in mind that instructions should be given in writing. MCD are always pleased to discuss with Vendors points that require further clarification.
VENDORS TERMS & CONDITIONS
Do you have a single camera or a warehouse of broadcast equipment that you are thinking of selling? Or are you looking for a valuation for asset register or insurance purposes? If the answer is yes to either of these questions, we can provide the solution.
Putting items into our Auctions is simple. Just provide us with the equipment details on an excel spreadsheet, (see example below), plus photographs and we will do the rest. If you need advice on value then please contact us and we will be happy to help.
We will contact you before the Auction to arrange delivery of your equipment prior to the sale or after the Auction closes.
All items are offered on a "no sale no fee" basis.
We charge a maximum of 15% of the hammer price as commission. For items selling in excess of £250 the commission is only 10% of the hammer price. Both these charges are subject to VAT at the prevailing rate.
We can also arrange bespoke auctions or fixed price sales for vendors with larger quantities of items to sell. Simply contact MCD to discuss your requirements.
If you require a Valuation to help you to update your Asset Register, obtain a valuation for selling or buying a business, or part of a business, or equipment disposal, please contact Mark Walton. Clients can be assured of our utmost sensitivity and efficiency throughout the process of valuation, producing a detailed equipment summary with a quick turnaround.
Please contact Mark Walton on +44(0)1483 474 474 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and he will be glad help you.
MCD BROADCAST AUCTIONS
SPECIALIST AUCTIONEERS TO THE BROADCAST AND PRO VIDEO INDUSTRY SINCE 1999
MCD are established and respected Auctioneers and Valuers, providing a dedicated service to the broadcast, television and pro video industry. We pride ourselves in offering high quality equipment through our timed online sales. Lots include: Video | Audio | Post Production | Lighting | Grip | Digital Glue. With only three auctions each year we are able to concentrate on high quality sales that attract buyers from all over the world. As a small company we provide a personalised, courteous and unique service offering good quality equipment at competitive prices. In addition to sales by auction, items sold by fixed price can be found on our website on the SALE tab. We act for a wide range of vendors who regularly sell with us, appreciating our reliable and confidential service. We undertake discreet and detailed valuations for large corporations as well as the private individual. Professional advice is also available. We are situated close to London and can arrange reliable, affordable packing and shipping worldwide. We are open for all enquiries Monday to Friday 10.00 to 18.00